|Prior Date||Archive Index||Next Date|
WITandWISDOM(tm) - March 13, 1998
Life can only be understood backwards but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard
~~~~~~~ SPECIAL THOUGHTS:
Units of prayer combined, like drops of water, make an ocean which defies resistance. - E. M. Bounds
(Shared by Carolyn Rudometkin)
~~~~~~~ THIS & THAT:
REALLY IMPORTANT STUFF KIDS HAVE TAUGHT ME
1. It's more fun to color outside the lines.
2. If you're gonna draw on the wall, do it behind the couch.
3. Ask why until you understand.
4. Hang on tight.
5. Even if you've been fishing for 3 hours and haven't gotten anything except poison ivy and a sunburn, you're still better off than the worm.
6. Make up the rules as you go along.
7. It doesn't matter who started it.
8. Ask for sprinkles.
9. If the horse you're drawing looks more like a dog, make it a dog.
10. Save a place in line for your friends.
11. Sometimes you have to take the test before you've finished studying.
12. If you want a kitten, start out asking for a horse.
13. Picking your nose when no one else is looking is still picking your nose.
14. Just keep banging until someone opens the door.
15. Making your bed is a waste of time.
16. There is no good reason why clothes have to match.
17. Even Popeye didn't eat his spinach until he absolutely had to.
18. You work so hard peddling up the hill that you hate to brake on the way down.
19. You can't ask to start over just because you're losing the game.
(Shared by Good, Clean Funnies List http://www.angelfire.com/al/GCFL)
~~~~~~~ KEEP SMILING:
Every Saturday morning Grandpa Walt found himself babysitting his three grandchildren...all boys. The kids always wanted to play ''war'' and Grandpa somehow always got coaxed into the game. His daughter came to pick up the kids early one Saturday and witnessed Grandpa take a fake shot as Jason pointed a toy gun and yelled, Bang!'' Grandpa slumped to the floor and stayed there motionless. The daughter rushed over to see if he was alright. Grandpa opened one eye and whispered, ''Sh-h-h, I always do this. It's the only chance I get to rest.''
(Shared by Just 4 Laughs! Http://www.GeoCities.com/Hollywood/Set/6993)
Why do mushrooms sometimes grow in a circle?
Mushrooms are the reproductive part of a fungus that lives underground. The underground part, called the mycelium, starts at one point and grows outward in all directions. As it grows, it uses up nutrients, leaving behind a "dead zone" in the center.
When the fungus reproduces, it sends up the mushrooms in a ring-shaped pattern, just behind the leading edge of the growing mycelium. These rings are called "fairy rings" and can grow very large. One in France is about 600 meters across, and is thought to be 700 years old!
To learn more about fairy rings, visit http://www.herb.lsa.umich.edu/kidpage/ringsfct.htm
(Shared by Cool Fact of the Day http://www.LearningKingdom.com/join.html)