|Prior Date||Archive Index||Next Date|
WITandWISDOM(tm) - June 19, 1998
Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker. Failure is delay, not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead-end street. - Unknown
(Bits & Pieces, January 10, 1991, http://www.epinc.com/)
RIGHT NOW . . . .
-somebody is thinking of you.
-somebody is caring about you.
-somebody misses you.
-somebody wants to talk with you.
-somebody wants to be with you.
-somebody hopes you aren't in trouble.
-somebody is thankful for the support you have provided.
-somebody wants to hold your hand.
-somebody is praying for you.
-somebody hopes everything turns out all right.
-somebody wants you to be happy.
-somebody wants you to find him/her.
-somebody is celebrating your successes.
-somebody wants to give you a gift.
-somebody thinks that you ARE a gift.
-somebody hopes you're not too cold, or too hot
-somebody wants to hug you.
-somebody loves you.
-somebody admires your strength.
-somebody is thinking of you and smiling.
-somebody is thinking of your smile.
-somebody wants to be your shoulder to cry on.
-somebody wants to go out with you and have a lot of fun.
-somebody thinks the world of you.
-somebody wants to kiss you.
-somebody wants to protect you.
-somebody would do anything for you.
-somebody wants to be forgiven.
-somebody is grateful for your forgiveness.
-somebody wants to laugh with you all night long about old times.
-somebody is waiting to use new times to make more memories.
-somebody remembers you fondly and wishes that you were there.
-somebody is praising God for you.
-somebody has you in mind while they wish upon a star.
-somebody values your advice.
-somebody wants to tell you how much they care.
-somebody wants to stay up all night watching old movies with you.
-somebody wants to share their dreams with you.
-somebody wants to hold you in their arms.
-somebody treasures your spirit.
-somebody wishes they could suspend time.
-somebody praises God for your friendship and love.
-somebody can't wait to see you.
-somebody wishes that things didn't have to change.
-somebody loves you for who you are.
-somebody loves the way you make them feel.
-somebody wants to be with you.
-somebody is hoping they can grow old with you.
-somebody hopes that you know they care.
(Shared by Martin Lee, Gary Patton, John L. Hoh, Jr., Sharon Unger, Christine Greene, Janice Shannon)
THIS & THAT:
TOP TEN THINGS YOU'LL PROBABLY NEVER HEAR A DAD SAY
10. Well, how 'bout that? . . . I'm lost! Looks like we'll have to stop and ask for directions.
9. You know Pumpkin, now that you're thirteen, you'll be ready for unchaperoned car dates. Won't that be fun?
8. I noticed that all your friends have a certain "in you face" attitude. . . I like that.
7. Here's a credit card and the keys to my new car - GO CRAZY.
6. What do you mean you wanna play football? Figure skating not good enough for you, son?
5. Your Mother and I are going away for the weekend . . . you might want to consider throwing a party.
4. Well, I don't know what's wrong with your car. Probably one of those doo-hickey thingies - you know - that makes it run or something. Just have it towed to a mechanic and pay whatever he asks.
3. No son of mine is going to live under this roof without an earring - now quit your belly-aching, and let's go to the mall.
2. Whaddya wanna go and get a job for? I make plenty of money for you to spend.
1. Father's Day? aahh - don't worry about that - it's no big deal.
(Shared by Keith's Mostly Clean Humor & Weird List Ksullivan@worldnet.att.net)
COMPUTER FIRST AID
I work in a busy office where a computer going down causes quite an inconvenience. Recently one of our computers not only crashed, it made a noise that sounded like a heart monitor. "This computer has flat-lined," a co-worker called out with mock horror. "Does anyone here know how to do . . . mouse-to-mouse resuscitation?"
(Shared by Kitty's Daily Mews http://www.katscratch.com)
Need to pour pepper and/or salt into shakers--without making a big mess? Take an ordinary envelope and clip one of the lower corners. Makes a handy mini-funnel!
Does your rice always clump together? Try adding a few drops of lemon juice to the pot when it's simmering.
(Shared by The Learning Kingdom http://www.LearningKingdom.com/join.html)