|Prior Date||Archive Index||Next Date|
WITandWISDOM(tm) - June 26, 1998
Our part of knowledge consists in being ignorant of things that are not worth knowing. - Quips & Quotes, E. C. McKenzie
TIME LINE OF FRIENDSHIP Part 2 of 2
10. In ninth grade your idea of a good friend was the person who went with you to that "cool" party thrown by a senior so you wouldn't wind up being the only freshman there.
11. In tenth grade your idea of a good friend was the person who changed their schedule so you would have someone to sit with at lunch.
12. In eleventh grade your idea of a good friend was the person who gave you rides in their new car, convinced your parents that you shouldn't be grounded, consoled you when you broke up with Nick or Susan, and found you a date to the prom.
13. In twelfth grade your idea of a good friend was the person who helped you pick out a college, assured you that you would get into that college, helped you deal with your parents who were having a hard time adjusting to the idea of letting you go . . .
14. At graduation your idea of a good friend was the person who was crying on the inside but managed the biggest smile one could give as they congratulated you.
15. The summer after twelfth grade your idea of a good friend was the person who helped you clean up the bottles from that party, helped you sneak out of the house when you just couldn't deal with your parents, assured you that now that you and Nick or you and Susan
were back together, you could make it through anything, helped you pack up for college and just silently hugged you as you looked through blurry eyes at 18 years of memories you were leaving behind, and finally on those last days of childhood, went out of their way to come over an send you off with a hug, a lot of memories, reassurance that you would make it in college as well as you had these past 18 years, and most importantly sent you off to college knowing you were loved.
16. Now, your idea of a good friend is still the person who gives you the better of the two choices, holds your hand when you're scared, helps you fight off those who try to take advantage of you, thinks of you at times when you are not there, reminds you of what you have forgotten, helps you put the past behind you but understands when you need to hold on to it a little longer, stays with you so that you have confidence, goes out of their way to make time for you, helps you clear up your mistakes, helps you deal with pressure from others, smiles for you when they are sad, helps you become a better person, and most importantly loves you!
(Shared by Rod Keen)
THIS & THAT:
GOD'S VOICE MAIL
What if God had voice Mail? We have all learned to live with voice mail as a necessary part of modern life. But you may have wondered, What if God decided to install voice mail?
Imagine praying and hearing this . . .
"Thank you for calling My Father's House.
Please select one of the following options:
Press 1 for requests.
Press 2 for thanksgiving
Press 3 for complaints.
Press 4 for all other inquiries."
What if God used the familiar excuse. . . "All the angels are helping other customers right now. Please stay on the line. Your call will be answered in the order it was received."
Can you imagine getting these kinds of responses as you call on God in prayer?
"If you would like to speak to Gabriel, Press 1.
For Michael, Press 2.
For a directory of other angels, Press 3.
If you'd like to hear King David sing a Psalm while you're on hold, Press 4.
To find out if a loved one has been assigned to Heaven, enter his or her social security number then Press 5.
For reservations at My Father's House, Press the letters J-O-H-N-3-1-6.
For answers to nagging questions about dinosaurs, the age of the earth, and where Noah's ark is, then please wait until you arrive here."
"Our computers show that you have already called once today. Please hang up and try again tomorrow."
"This office is closed for the week-end. Please call again on Monday after 9:00 A.M."
Thank God that you can't call Him too often!
Here is His constant ready response:
"Then you will call and the Lord will answer, you will cry for help, and He will say, Here am I." Isaiah 58:9 NIV
(Shared by Stanley Baldwin)
Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest. - Rev. Larry Lorenzoni
Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.
(Shared by Keith's Mostly Clean Humor & Weird List
"El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula" and can be abbreviated to 3.63% of its size, "L.A." for Los Angeles.