|Prior Date||Back to Archive Index||Next Date|
WIT & WISDOM - January 21, 1999
"When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing, then we truly live life." - Greg Anderson 
~~~~~~~ SPECIAL THOUGHTS:
God is faithful and has rewarded my efforts to submit to Him my plans, even though they are imperfect. He helps me listen to the things that He is telling me, and He is faithful to help me to be obedient to the tasks that He gives me. I am learning the daily discipline of purposely kneeling before God each morning and giving him my day: "I trust in you, O Lord; I say, ‘You are my God.' My times are in your hands." Psalm 31:14-15
want to learn to hear and to respond to God's voice. Too often I listen to day-to-day fears, worries and pressures, and I miss the call of God's voice. As I choose each day to hear Him, I will learn to listen and to obey.
- Gayle Theiss, DECISION, August 1997 
~~~~~~~ THIS & THAT:
ARE YOU A TRUE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TEACHER?
Let's find out:
1. Do you ask guests if they have remembered their scarves and mittens as they leave your home?
2. Do you move your dinner partner's glass away from the edge of the table?
3. Do you ask if anyone needs to go to the bathroom as you enter a theater with a group of friends?
4. Do you hand a tissue to anyone who sneezes?
5. Do you refer to happy hour as "snack time"?
6. Do you declare "no cuts" when a shopper squeezes ahead of you in a checkout line?
7. Do you say "I like the way you did that" to the mechanic who repairs your car nice?
8. Do you ask "Are you sure you did your best?" to the mechanic who fails to repair your car to your satisfaction?
9. Do you sing the "Alphabet Song" to yourself as you look up a number in the phone book?
10. Do you say everything twice? I mean, do you repeat everything?
11. Do you fold your spouse's fingers over the coins as you hand him/her the money at a tollbooth?
12. Do you ask a quiet person at a party if he has something to share with the group?
+ If you answered yes to 4 or more, it's in your soul - you are hooked on teaching. And if you're not a teacher, you missed your calling.
+ If you answered yes to 8 or more, well, maybe it's "too much" in your soul - you should probably begin thinking about retirement.
+ If you answered yes to all 12, forget it - you'll "always" be a teacher, retired or not!
(Jon B. Roberts)
~~~~~~~ KEEP SMILING:
Soon after our last child left home for college, my husband was resting next to me on the couch with his head in my lap. I carefully removed his glasses.
"You know, honey," I said sweetly, "Without your glasses you look like the same handsome young man I married."
"Honey," he replied with a grin, "Without my glasses, you still look pretty good too!" 
Florida residents may be the first to cast ballots for general elections via the Net, as a plan to set groundbreaking technical standards for online voting in the state moves forward. The sunshine state's Division of Elections today said it has proposed rules to set up certification and approval of hardware and software for the implementation of electronic and electro mechanical voting systems statewide. The state is moving to adopt the "Florida Internet and Intranet Voting Systems Standards," a policy that will set minimum standards for provisional certification of all voting systems that transmit untabulated ballot images or ballot data through the Internet or any Intranet. 
 (E-zine: INSPIRATION A DAY! Mailto:email@example.com)
 (Magazine: DECISION http://www.graham-assn.org/decision/)
 (E-zine: FAST EDDIE'S FUNNIES http://recommend-it.com/l.z.e?s=154533)
 (E-zine: WINFILES.COM http://www.winfiles.com/)