|Prior Date||Back to Archive Index||Next Date|
~~~~~~~ WITandWISDOM™ - May 17, 1999
"Every day, try to help someone who can't reciprocate your kindness." - John Wooden
(E-zine: INSPIRATION A DAY! Mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
~~~~~~~ SPECIAL THOUGHTS:
Voice of the Martyrs; Shatter the Silence reports that in a remote village in India several Christians were taken by force by eight fanatic Hindus to the home of a Hindu "mother." They were ordered to heal her of her polio-like illness. The leader of the Christians stated that since the weapons in the hands of their captors indicated they intended to hurt them if they failed then stated they were not afraid to suffer and die for their beliefs if the Lord chose not to heal this woman. But then he added they were privileged to have the opportunity to pray that God would show His love and healing power to man, even those who mistakenly believe in the Hindu gods. As they prayed the leader felt heat in his hands. Clearly the power and presence of the Lord was there. After the prayer it wasn't long until the woman stood on her feet healed. During the prayer a Hindu god toppled of the "god shelf" and was irreparably damaged. That day the angels and those Christians rejoiced over nine new converts added to The Book Of Life.
(Rick Sams via E-zine: MONDAY FODDER Mailto:email@example.com)
~~~~~~~ THIS & THAT:
Top Ten Ways a Church Choir Director Can Tell Someone They Can't Sing
10. I'm sorry, we've run out of robes.
9. We need strong singers like you in the congregation to help them sing' the hymns.
8. I wouldn't want you to strain your voice.
7. Did you know singing can aggravate sinus problems?
6. We still need good people for the handbell choir.
5. Here's a book on spiritual gifts, why don't you look through it and we can find another place in the church for you to effectively minister.
4. It's a shame composers don't write more songs in your style.
3. You have a unique range - you hit both notes well.
2. Did you know there is a new Bible study starting the same night as choir practice, I think you'd get a lot from it.
1. You have excellent posture.
(Wayne Waggoner via E-zine: MONDAY FODDER Mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
~~~~~~~ KEEP SMILING:
A building contractor was being paid by the week for a job that was likely to stretch over several months. He approached the owner of the property and held up the check he'd been given.
"This is two hundred dollars less than we agreed on," he said.
"I know," the owner said. "But last week I overpaid you two hundred dollars, and you never complained."
The contractor said. "Well, I don't mind an occasional mistake. But when it gets to be a habit, I feel I have to call it to your attention."
(E-zine: JOKE A DAY http://www.jokeaday.com)
If you suspect that your computer has a virus, there is an antivirus program that's freely available on the Internet. It's called Housecall (by Trend Micro) and it can be accessed at http://housecall.antivirus.com . This antivirus software runs from the browser (you will need Internet Explorer 3.x and above, or Netscape 3.01 and above) every time you visit the Housecall website.
Snoring in women might increase their risk of . . . Answer tomorrow.