|Prior Date||Back to Archive Index||Next Date|
WITandWISDOM(tm) - February 25, 2000
Five frogs are sitting on a log. Four decide to jump off. How many are left? Answer: five. Why? Because there's a difference between deciding and doing. - Mark L. Feldman & Michael F. Spratt in 'Five Frogs on a Log'
(Charles Powell via E-zine: DAILYQUOTE c1999 http://www.dailycast.com)
~~~~~~~ SPECIAL THOUGHTS:
PERSONAL PRAYER OF SALVATION
- Pastor Bill McGinnis
O Lord, I know that You are waiting here,
For me to let You come into my life.
I know that You are knocking on the door,
And now I pray that You will enter in.
I pray that You will come into my life,
As Lord and Saviour, ruling over me.
I know that You are truly Son of God,
I know that You have risen from the dead,
I know that only You can save my soul.
I need Your guidance, and I need Your love;
I want to follow everywhere You lead.
I truly do repent of all my sins;
I feel remorse for evil I have done;
I know that only You can make me clean.
I turn my back on sin and look to You.
I am forgiving all who did me harm,
As You are now forgiving all my sins.
And now as I commit myself to You,
I pray that You commit Yourself to me.
I pray that You will take me as I am,
And draw me, step-by-step, into Your arms.
In Jesus' holy name I pray, Amen.
If you have just prayed this prayer for the first time and accepted Christ into your heart, please email me so that I may keep you in my prayers. - Richard Wimer
(E-zine: GLORIOUS INSPIRATION Mailto:email@example.com)
~~~~~~~ THIS & THAT:
LAS VEGAS FACTOIDS
- Las Vegas means "the stars" in Spanish. Ironically, the city in the desert was once abundant in water and vegetation.
- There are over 15,000 miles of lighted neon tubing in the many signs on the Strip and downtown Las Vegas.
- Over 110,000 marriage licenses are issued in Las Vegas each year. There are no blood tests and no waiting period required and the Marriage License Bureau is open from 8 am till Midnight Sunday through Thursday and 24 hours a day on Friday and Saturday! The most popular wedding days are New Year's Eve and St. Valentine's Day.
- You have to break a lot of eggs to serve breakfast in Las Vegas. At Caesars Palace alone, an average of 7,700 are prepared each day. With 2.8 million eggs delivered each year to that one resort. Caesars serves over 427 pounds of coffee each day and pours more than 3,000 ounces of orange juice every 24 hours.
- The MGM Grand's 170,000-square-foot casino is larger than the playing field at Yankee Stadium.
- The Luxor Hotel (shaped like an Egyptian Pyramid) is 36 stories tall, required more than 150,000 cubic yards of concrete, six thousand construction workers and 18 months to build. It takes a specially designed window washing device 64 hours to clean the sides of the pyramid, which is covered by 13 acres of glass. The Luxor atrium is the world's largest and could comfortably hold nine Boeing 747 airplanes.
- The Beatles played the Las Vegas Convention Center in 1964. Some 8,500 fans paid just $4 each for tickets.
- The Stratosphere Hotel and Casino is 1,149 feet tall, making it the tallest building west of the Mississippi River.
(E-zine: DAILY BITS Mailto:DailyBitsfirstname.lastname@example.org)
~~~~~~~ KEEP SMILING:
A gossip is one who talks to you about others; a bore is one who talks to you about himself; and a brilliant conversationalist is one who talks to you about yourself. - Lisa Kirk, American Singer - Bits & Pieces, January 5, 1995
(Magazine: BITS & PIECES http://www.epinc.com/ )
There was the guy who rented a movie in New York to watch on New Year's Eve. When he took it back on New Years Day, the movie rental store tried to charge him $91,000 in late charges for keeping the movie for 100 years.
(E- zine: SERMON FODDER Mailto:Sermon_Fodderemail@example.com)