|Prior Date||Back to Archive Index||Next Date|
WITandWISDOM(tm) - March 22, 2000
"Aspire to inspire before you expire."
(E-zine: E- CHEER, An Excellent Daily Devotional
~~~~~~~ SPECIAL THOUGHTS:
Many born-again Christians, like physician Walter L. Wilson, have testified of the great change that came in their lives when they were filled with the Spirit. Dr. Wilson's conversion gave him a love for the Scripture and a diligence in serving God, but he was troubled by the ineffectiveness of his Christian experience and outreach.
Then came January 14, 1914. Dr. Wilson lay on the carpet in his study as he was deeply convicted of his need to be filled with the Spirit. Listen to the prayer that changed his life. "There in the quiet of that late hour, I said to the Holy Spirit, ‘My Lord, I have mistreated You all my Christian life. I have treated You like a servant. When I wanted You I called for You; when I was about to engage in some work I beckoned You to come and help me perform my task . . . . I shall do so no more. Just now I give You this body of mine; from my head to my feet I give it to You . . . . I hand it over to You to live in it the life that You please'" (They Found the Secret, p. 123).
-Garrie F. Williams, "Welcome, Holy Spirit"
~~~~~~~ THIS & THAT:
TOP TEN REASONS TO JOIN THE MUSIC MINISTRY
10. You've been wanting to ring someone's chimes for years and Handbell Choir is just the ticket.
9. You have a tendency to get egg on your clothes at Sunday breakfast and the choir robe will cover it up.
8. You heard that if you could blow a horn you could be in the orchestra but you're wondering how you'll get the Isuzu in the sanctuary.
7. Someone once said you sing well, and after all, moms are totally unbiased.
6. You played in the band in high school and you think you could get your clarinet back from T.G.I. Friday's.
5. You're dying to know what [name someone] is talking about during rehearsals!
4. You pulled out the old Beatles albums the other day and you think you sound every bit as good as Paul.
3. Larnelle called; the duet album is off.
2. You once burped the entire national anthem in fifth grade and anybody that creative needs an outlet.
1. There is a song in your heart longing to be sung. God wrote it and it's all about how he loves you. It's his favorite and it never ends!
- From the "Evangel," newsletter of the First Baptist Church, Columbus, MS, August 18, 1999 (Vol. 67, No. 32)
(E-zine: THE TIMOTHY REPORT Mailto:email@example.com)
~~~~~~~ KEEP SMILING:
Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.
(E-zine: AMERICA'S JOKE Mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
What was considered to be the first personal computer?
1. Timex Sinclair ZX81
2. The Apple1
3. IBM 286
4. Altair 8800
It's generally accepted that the first personal computer was the Altair 8800. It had no monitor, no keyboard, and the only mouse to be found was the one scurrying around on the floor. It was introduced in 1974 and came with 256 "bytes" of memory, a power supply, and a do-it-yourself chassis. It's operating system? It came with none. Users would enter their programs in binary by flipping switches on the front of the machine.
In 1975 Bill Gates and Paul Allen wrote a simple operating system for it. And the rest is history.
Any you thought your computer was outdated!
Here's a page with more Altair info:
(E-zine: DIVERSIONS DIGEST http://www.worldstart.com/diversions.htm )