|Prior Date||Back to Archive Index||Next Date|
WITandWISDOM(tm) - June 21, 2000
"Let me give so much time to the improvement of myself that I shall have no time to criticize others." - Dean Cresham
Source: America's Quote, subscribe- email@example.com via http://www.witandwisdom.org
~~~~~~~ SPECIAL THOUGHTS:
REASONS NOT TO WASH
- Author Unknown
1. I was forced to as a child.
2. People who make soap are only after your money.
3. I wash on special occasions like Christmas and Easter.
4. People who wash are hypocrites-they think they are cleaner than everyone else.
5. There are so many different kinds of soap, I can't decide which one is best.
6. I used to wash, but it got boring so I stopped.
7. None of my friends wash.
8. The bathroom is never warm enough in the winter or cool enough in the summer.
9. I'll start washing when I get older and dirtier.
10. I can't spare the time
These reasons sound foolish but could reasons like these be the reason we don't go to church?
Submitted by: Sherri Rimmer via http://www.witandwisdom.org
~~~~~~~ THIS & THAT:
We were seated at the dinner table, my wife, my daughter Bette (about 7), my son "Jimbo" (about 4), and myself.
All during dinner, my wife and I had noticed how well the kids were getting along that night - none of the usual bickering, picking at each other.
As we were just about finished eating, my son suddenly said, "I love Bette! When I grow up, I'm gonna marry her!"
Well, my mind started spinning! I thought, "Oh no, how am I gonna explain this to a 4-year-old?"
Just then Bette, with all the childlike simplicity that only a 7-year-old possesses, saved the day by saying, "Oh no, we couldn't do that, Jimbo! Cause then our kids would only have one set of grandparents!"
Source: The Funnies, firstname.lastname@example.org via http://www.witandwisdom.org
~~~~~~~ KEEP SMILING:
"Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city." - George Burns
"My inferiority complex is not as good as yours."
Source: Awesome Quotes, www.coolnewsletters.com via http://www.witandwisdom.org
Most people spoil garden things by over boiling them. All things that are green should have a little crispness, for if they are overboil'd they neither have any sweetness nor beauty.
By Hannah Glasse, The Art of Cookery, 1747
Source: Peter's Pearls, email@example.com via http://www.witandwisdom.org