|Prior Date||Back to Archive Index||Next Date|
WITandWISDOM(tm) - October 12, 2000
The important thing is this: to be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become. - Charles Du Bos
Source: Awesome Quotes, www.coolnewsletters.com via http://www.witandwisdom.org
~~~~~~~ SPECIAL THOUGHTS:
I don't know of anywhere else in the world that does this, but Adelaide, South Australia, my home town, has the desire to print inspirational sayings on the back of bus tickets. - Karl Overton
- All sunshine, makes a desert.
- What really matters is what happens within us, not to us.
- Be realistic, aim for the impossible.
- Pleasant thoughts make pleasant lives.
- Life is a canvas - you fill in the picture.
- Your life is what your thoughts make it.
- The poor person is not one without a cent... but one without a dream.
- Two things are hard on the heart... running up a hill, running down people.
- Self praise is no recommendation.
- You can never ride two horses with one behind.
- To find friendship, offer friendship.
- Every ending is a new beginning.
- Behind every good woman... is herself.
- You never know what you can do until you try.
- Life happens when you're on your way to someplace else.
- Making the most of today is the best preparation for tomorrow.
- To know one's ignorance is part of knowledge.
- Worry is the interest paid on trouble before it is due.
- You can't get anywhere unless you start.
- Believe you can and you're halfway there.
- We make a living by what we get but a life by what we give.
- If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours.
Source: The Funnies, email@example.com via http://www.witandwisdom.org
~~~~~~~ THIS & THAT:
Are your investments in order? Below are some of the latest rumors from Wall Street. In the wake of the AOL/Time Warner deal, here are the latest mergers we can expect to see:
Polygram Records, Warner Brothers, and Keebler Crackers merge to become Polly-Warner-Cracker.
3M and Goodyear merge to become MMMGood.
John Deere and Abitibi-Price merge to become Deere Abi.
Zippo Manufacturing, Audi Motors, Dofasco, and Dakota Mining merge to become Zip Audi Do Da.
Honeywell, Imasco, and Home Oil merge to become Honey I'm Home.
Denison Mines, and Alliance and Metal Mining merge to become Mine all Mine.
Federal Express and UPS merge to become FED UP.
Fairchild Electronics and Honeywell Computers will merge and become Fairwell Honeychild.
3M, J.C. Penney and the Los Angeles Opera Company will merge and become 3 Penney Opera.
Knott's Berry Farm & The National Organization for Women will merge to become Knott NOW!
Submitted by Hannelore Dill
~~~~~~~ KEEP SMILING:
On the weekend of the biggest motorcycle gathering of the year, I was working at a club nearby. When the roaring machines pulled up outside, our patrons' eyes swung toward the door and conversation turned into uneasy whispering.
A group of tough-looking bikers walked up to me, and one of them asked me where the phone was. I pointed it out, and the silence in the room let everybody overhear what the biker said into the receiver. "Hi, Mom. Just want to let you know I'll be home late tonight."
Source: The Funnies, andychaps_the- firstname.lastname@example.org via http://www.witandwisdom.org
Fifty years ago the B. F. Goodrich Company, the American corporation known for its automobile tires, thought it was really on to something. Its engineers came up with the prototype of an atomic golf ball. The ball, with a radioactive core, would be easy to locate with a Geiger counter if hit into the rough.
But the company abandoned the invention as unworkable. Perhaps it was too hot to handle.
From: Strange Stories, Amazing Facts of America's past
Source: MailBits.com Copyright (c) 1998-2000. All rights reserved. Trivia- email@example.com via http://www.witandwisdom.org