|Prior Date||Back to Archive Index||Next Date|
WITandWISDOM(tm) - April 20, 2001
Cultivate your own capabilities, your own style. Appreciate the members of your family for who they are, even though their outlook or style may be miles different from yours. Rabbits don't fly. Eagles don't swim. Ducks look funny trying to climb. Squirrels don't have feathers. Stop comparing. There's plenty of room in the forest. - Chuck Swindoll
Source: The Funnies, andychaps_the-funnies- firstname.lastname@example.org
~~~~~~~ SPECIAL THOUGHTS:
"It is a fact of Christian experience that life is a series of troughs and peaks. In His efforts to get permanent possession of a soul, God relies on the troughs more than the peaks. And some of His special favorites have gone through longer and deeper troughs than anyone else." - Peter Marshall
Source: The Timothy Report, Copyright (c) 2000 Swan Lake Communications, www.swanlake.twoffice.com
~~~~~~~ THIS & THAT:
YOU MIGHT BE FROM GEORGIA, USA IF:
Part 2 of 2 [4-13, 20]
17. You think of the major four food groups as beef, pork, sweet tea, and jell-O salad with marshmallows.
18. You carry jumper cables in your car... for your OWN car.
19. You know what "cow tipping" and "snipe hunting" is.
20. You only own four spices: salt, pepper, ketchup, and Tabasco.
21. You think everyone from a bigger city has an accent.
22. You can be satisfied with a meal consisting only of a hunk of bread with flavored flour & water (a delicacy known as biscuit n' gravy").
23. The local paper covers national and international news on one page but requires six pages for sports.
24. You recognize that cheese grits and catfish nuggets is a meal that must have been bestowed upon the people by the Lord Himself.
25. You know which leaves make good toilet paper.
26. You find 90 degrees F "a little warm."
27. You know all 4 seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, Still Summer, and Christmas.
28. You know if another Georgian is from southern, middle, or northern Georgia as soon as they open their mouth.
29. There is a Dairy Queen in every town with a population of 1000 or more.
30. You describe the first cool snap (below 70 degrees) as good gumbo weather.
31. A carbonated soft drink isn't a soda or a cola or a pop-it's a Coke, regardless
of brand or flavor.
32. Going to Wal-Mart is a favorite past-time known as "goin' wal-martin'"
33. You actually get these jokes and forward them to all your friends from Georgia.
Submitted by Sherri Rimmer
~~~~~~~ KEEP SMILING:
"Why are women wearing perfumes that smell like flowers? Men don't like flowers. I've been wearing a great new scent. It's called New Car Interior." - Rita Rudner
Source: Clean Laffs www.shagmail.com/sub/sub- jokes.html
THESE BOOTS ARE MADE FOR REAL FAST WALKIN'
Russian engineer Roman Kunikov recently showed off his new gasoline-powered boots at a public demonstration. The boots weigh about 2 pounds each, including the gas tank, piston, carburetor and spark plug. Kunikov says they enable the wearer to jump about 12 feet per stride and run at a pace of about 25 miles per hour. - Universal Press Syndicate
From: The Oregonian, Copyright (c) September 5, 2000, www.oregonlive.com/oregonian/obuffer.ssf
Submitted by Barbara Henry