|Prior Date||Archive Index||Next Date|
WITandWISDOM(tm) - January 17, 2002
A three-year-old child is a being who gets almost as much fun out of a $300 set of swings as it does out of finding a small green caterpillar. - Bill Vaughan
Source: Peter's Pearls, http://www.peterspearls.com.au
~~~~~~~ SPECIAL THOUGHTS:
Ten Things You Will Never Regret:
1. Showing kindness to an aged person.
2. Destroying a letter written in anger.
3. Offering an apology that will save a friendship.
4. Stopping a scandal that was ruining a reputation.
5. Helping a boy or girl find themselves.
6. Taking time to show consideration to parents, friends, brothers and sisters.
7. Refraining from gossip when others around you delight in it.
8. Refusing to do a thing which is wrong, although others do it.
9. Living according to your convictions.
10. Accepting the judgment of God on any question.
- Pulpit Helps, May, 1991
Source: My Daily Dose of Inspiration, http://www.quietstones.com/mydailydose
Subjects: Kindness, Ideologies
~~~~~~~ THIS & THAT:
Side effects of Genetically Altered Food
1) Your hot dog just fetched its own ketchup and relish.
2) You spot the tell-tale signs of a primitive central nervous system in your Jell-O.
3) Chocchini: looks like zucchini, tastes like a Ding Dong.
4) The black-eyed peas on your fork just winked at you.
Source: Kitty's Daily Mews, Copyright (c) 1997-2002 All rights reserved worldwide, http://www.katscratch.com/
Subjects: Genetics, Food
~~~~~~~ KEEP SMILING:
A young child, recently potty-trained, made this request during bedtime prayers: "Dear Lord, please make my legs longer so I can get to the bathroom on time."
Source: The Funnies, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/andychaps_the- funnies
Subjects: Prayer, Bedtime
"How many people would populate this country [USA] if we were as densely populated as Hongkong?" --B Cook, Burke VA
If the US were as densely populated as Hongkong, which has about 7 million people packed into 422 square miles, we would have about 63 billion Americans covering every square inch of our 3,787,319 square miles, including the bottom of the Grand Canon and our share of the Great Lakes. (Our population is currently about 275 million.)
From: Parade Magazine, in the column, "Ask Marilyn", by Marilyn vos Savant. http://www.parade.com/
Source: Monday Fodder dgaufaaa@i ohk.com?subject=Subscribe_Monday_Fodder
Subjects: Population, Hongkong