|Prior Date||Archive Index||Next Date|
WITandWISDOM(tm) - February 8, 2002
It isn't your position that makes you happy or unhappy, it's your disposition. - Author Unknown
Subjects: Happiness, Definitions
~~~~~~~ SPECIAL THOUGHTS:
An elderly widow, restricted in her activities, was eager to serve Christ. After praying about this, she realized that she could bring blessing to others by playing the piano. The next day she placed this small ad in the Oakland Tribune: "Pianist will play hymns by phone daily for those who are sick and despondent - the service is free." The notice included the number to dial. When people called, she would ask, "What hymn would you like to hear?" Within a few months her playing had brought cheer to several hundred people. Many of them freely poured out their hearts to her, and she was able to help and encourage them.
Source: My Daily Dose of Inspiration, http://www.quietstones.com/mydailydose
Subjects: Piano, Witnessing
~~~~~~~ THIS & THAT:
FAMILY STRESS TEST
Score 0 if the statement is never true, 1 if it is rarely true, 2 if it is sometimes true, and 3 if it is always true. - Have fun. :o)
1. Conversations often begin with "Put the gun down, and then we can talk."
2. The school principal has your number on speed-dial.
3. The cat is on Valium.
4. People have trouble understanding your kids, because they learned to speak through clenched teeth.
5. You are trying to get your four-year-old to switch to decaf.
6. The number of jobs held down by family members exceeds the number of people in the family.
7. No one has _time_ to wait for microwave TV dinners.
8. "Family meetings" are often mediated by law enforcement officials.
9. You have to check your kid's day-timer to see if he can take out the trash.
10. Maxwell House gives you industrial rates.
30 - a perfect score. Welcome to the neighborhood!
20-29 - You are doing reasonably well, but still have too little going on in your life. Crank it up.
10-19 - You have mastered some of the aspects of the stress-filled life, but still have a long way to go. Have you considered a parallel career path?
0-9 - Enjoying all that extra time? What do you "do" anyway?
Source: Just 4 Laughs! Humor List
Subjects: Stress, Tests
~~~~~~~ KEEP SMILING:
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep. - Scott Adams, Cartoonist
Source: Bits & Pieces: Home Delivery http://your.dailyinbox.com/bp/
Subjects: Creativity, Mistakes
If you stand at the equator you will spin at about 1,000 miles per hour because of the Earth's rotation.
At the Isthmus of Panama the Pacific Ocean can be as much as 20 feet higher than the Atlantic.
From: The Joy of Trivia, by Smith, Bernie, ISBN 0517243504, October 1, 1978, Published by Random House Value Pub, Hardcover, http://isbn.nu/0517243504
Source: MailBits.com Trivia, Copyright (c) 1998-2002 All rights reserved http://MailBits.com/
Subjects: Equator, Panama, Speed