|Prior Date||Archive Index||Next Date|
WITandWISDOM(tm) - June 17, 2005
Appreciation can make a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary. - Margaret Cousins
Source: Carol's Thought for Today, http://www.kalama.com/~carola/
~~~~~~~ SPECIAL THOUGHTS:
One of my best friends coaches a group of 13 year old boys in soccer.
He saw some leadership potential in one of the boys but he also saw some disturbing qualities. My friend approached the boy and told him that he thought he could be captain of the team but he wanted to see changes in some of his behaviors.
Almost overnight, the boy stopped his whining and complaining. He became responsible and an effective leader. Today, he is the captain of the soccer team and parents who have known this kid for years are asking my friend what he did to transform him.
My friend didn't do anything other than tell someone that he believed in him and thought he could do better. When was the last time you told someone that you believed in them? You can criticize until the cows come home. However, if you want to see lasting change... find the positives in a person and reinforce those. When you do those qualities will grow and overshadow the less desirable qualities.
For an overnight transformation...find positives and make them captain!
By Ron White who has spent over a decade training business professionals and students how to improve their memory, grades and income. He has appeared on FOX television, broken a Guinness Record by memorizing a 28-digit number in 75 seconds, been a guest on over 35 radio programs in the United States and Canada, and his articles have appeared in print across the country. Ron's live workshops sell out every time at $349 per person. For more information about Ron's best-selling products including Memory in a Month, Write It On Your Heart or his newest release, How to Develop the Mind of Einstein call 800-929-0434 or visit http://ronwhite.jimrohn.com
Source: Beliefnet From the Masters, http://www.beliefnet.com/user/newsletter_choose.asp
~~~~~~~ THIS & THAT:
Rules For Choosing A Superhero Name
1. Don't call yourself by your real name: e.g., Ms. Jenny Pinchuck, The Amazing Stevie Foster.
2. Don't call yourself by someone else's real name: e.g., Mr. Teddy Kennedy, Captain Dean Martin.
3. Choose a name that suggests power, heroism and prowess: e.g., Captain Power, Thunderman, Mr. Invincible, Justiceman.
4. Don't be too modest: e.g., Mr. Pretty Good, Captain So-so, Fairly Incredibleman.
5. But don't labor the point: e.g., Mr. So-Powerful-Don't-Even-Think-About-It-Buddy.
6. Don't choose a name detrimental to your crime fighting image: e.g., Captain Spongecake, Mr. Silly, Yellow Streak, Purple Slippers, Captain Evil
7. Don't choose the name of an existing Superhero unless you have lots of money and enjoy fighting litigation instead of supervillains.
8. It's no use calling yourself Captain Invincible if your only power is control over Hostess Twinkies and you suffer from a congenital heart condition. It's just asking for trouble.
9. Don't call yourself the Invisible Boy if you're not.
10. Don't call yourself the Invisible Boy if you're a girl.
11. Don't give away important information in your name, e.g. The Glass Jaw, Captain Vulnerable To Strontium 90.
12. Don't call yourself The Green Avenger if you wear an orange costume. You'll confuse people.
Source: Clean Laugh, http://www.cybersaltlists.org/
~~~~~~~ KEEP SMILING:
Bizarre Foreign Mistranslations into English
In a Belgrade elevator: To move the cabin, push button for wishing floor. If the cabin should enter more persons, each one should press a number of wishing floor. Driving is then going alphabetically by national order.
A doctor's office in Rome: Specialist in women and other diseases.
On a menu of a Polish hotel: Salad a firm's own make; limpid red beer soup with cheesy dumplings in the form of a finger; roasted duck let loose; beef rashers beaten up in the country people's fashion.
Source: Top Greetings
To see how you can easily track packages and other items with number codes visit:
Source: Neat Tricks, http://www.neatnettricks.com/