WITandWISDOM™ - E-zine

Prior Date Archive Index Next Date

WITandWISDOM(tm) - September 14, 2005
ISSN 1538-8794

~~~~~~~ THOUGHTS:

Treasure each other in the recognition that we do not know how long we shall have each other. - Joshua Loth Liebman

Source: SILVER LININGS by Dayle Allen Shockley

~~~~~~~ SPECIAL THOUGHTS:

I used to attend a very small church and we were trying to get new growth in it. The ladies met every Sunday before service for prayer. One Sunday, I asked the Lord to send lots of children to our Sunday School so we could witness to them. Next Sunday we had 100 children and only 3 teachers! I learned to ask complete prayers! Sharon Unger

Submitted by Sharon Unger

~~~~~~~ THIS & THAT:

LAWS OF WORK:
(Just because most of us aren't told the laws, doesn't mean they don't exist. Ignorance of these laws is no excuse.)

The first 90% of project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

If you can't get your work done in the first 24 hours, work nights.

A pat on the back is only a few centimeters from a kick in the behind.

You can go anywhere you want if you look serious and carry a clipboard.

Eat one live toad the first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.

When the bosses talk about improving productivity, they are never talking about themselves.

If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a fool about it.

Important letters that contain no errors will develop errors in the mail.

You are always doing something marginal when the boss drops by your desk.

If it wasn't for the last minute, nothing would get done.

At work, the authority of a person is inversely proportional to the number of pens that person is carrying.

When you don't know what to do, walk fast and look worried.

Submitted by Ernest Dobkins

~~~~~~~ KEEP SMILING:

Some tourists were stranded on a deserted island. All but one of the men were extremely upset at their plight. Finally a man asked the guy why it was he didn't seem the least bit concerned. He just smiled and said, "I just pledged over $110,000 to the United Way Campaign. There is no why they're going to leave me stranded on some island."

Submitted Jim Moore Jr.

~~~~~~~ TRIVIA:

Had it not been for Thomas Edison, people today would probably be answering the telephone by saying "Ahoy" instead of "Hello." The telephone's inventor, Alexander Graham Bell, thought "Ahoy" was the correct way to answer the phone. Edison invented the word "Hello" in the 1870s while doing research on clarity of sounds. When the first telephone exchanges opened around the country, Edison campaigned for using "Hello" and a new word, and custom, were born.

Source: "Knowledge in a Nutshell"


WITandWISDOM™ - E-zine