|Prior Date||Archive Index||Next Date|
WITandWISDOM(tm) - December 23, 2005
The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other. - Burton Hillis
Source: Carol's Thought for Today, http://users.adelphia.net/~mrs.carol
~~~~~~~ SPECIAL THOUGHTS:
A number of years ago when my youngest child of six children was 10 or 11, I was driving myself crazy trying to buy everything on her very lengthy Christmas list. I wanted to be a good parent and give my child the desires of her heart.
In the midst of all of this, a friend told me that he and his wife buy their children four gifts for Christmas every year.
Yes, FOUR gifts!
1. Something you want
2. Something you need
3. Something to wear and
4. Something to read.
If they complain, ask them, "Whose birthday are we celebrating?"
Once I started doing this, I thought my children would be awful about it, but the opposite happened. They really appreciated every gift they got, and they made me "label" them.
Since that time, Christmas at our house has been so much more enjoyable because we could focus on the true meaning of the celebration, and I wasn't driving myself crazy trying to find and buy gifts I couldn't afford.
And yes, I still buy and label four gifts for them each year.
- A MountainWings Original by Nola Parton-Jones, Federal Way, WA http://www.mountainwings.com/
Submitted by Bette Tolnai
~~~~~~~ THIS & THAT:
What Reindeer Talk About During Their Christmas Flight
10."Sheesh! What's he been eating this year? ROCKS?"
9. "He shouts all our names all the time, sure, but do you really think he knows which one is which?"
8. "I never knew Donner had a tattoo THERE!"
7. "Sure...HIS seat is a floatation device. What about us?"
6. "Tried those new lite oats? You really should."
5. "Man, I hope we pause on a rooftop soon. Iím beat."
4. "HEY!" Watch the antlers there, buddy!"
3. "Did you hear you-know-who got a nose job?"
2. "You know, after a few hundred miles, these jingle bells really get annoying!"
1. "So, you want to go someplace afterward for some reindeer games?"
Source: Top Greetings
~~~~~~~ KEEP SMILING:
A little boy and girl were singing their favorite Christmas carol in church the Sunday before Christmas. The boy concluded "Silent Night" with the words, "Sleep in heavenly beans." "No," his sister corrected, "not beans, peas."
Source: Net 153 Weekly, http://www.net153.com/
Christmas Bible Trivia Test