|Prior Date||Archive Index||Next Date|
WITandWISDOM(tm) - April 17, 2006
"When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the morning light ... for your life and strength. Give thanks for your food ... and the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks ... the fault lies with yourself." - Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief
Submitted by Angelwings
~~~~~~~ SPECIAL THOUGHTS:
A number of years ago the most magnificent diamond in the history of the world was found in an African mine.
It was then presented to the king of England to embellish his crown of state. The king sent it to Amsterdam to be cut by an expert stonecutter. Can you imagine what he did with it? He took this gem of priceless value and cut a notch in it. Then he struck it hard one time with his hammer, and the majestic jewel fell into his hand, broken in two. What recklessness! What wastefulness! What criminal carelessness!
Actually, that is not the case at all. For you see, that one blow with the hammer had been studied and planned for days, and even weeks. Drawings and models had been made of the gem. Its quality, defects, and possible lines along which it would split had all been studied to the smallest detail. And the man to whom it was entrusted was one of the most skilled stonecutters in the world.
Now do you believe that blow was a mistake? No, it was the capstone and the culmination of the stonecutter's skill. When he struck that blow, he did the one thing that would bring that gem to its most perfect shape, radiance, and jeweled splendor. The blow that seemed to be the ruin of the majestic precious stone was actually its perfect redemption, for from the halves were fashioned two magnificent gems. Only the skilled eye of the expert stonecutter could have seen the beauty of two diamonds hidden in the rough, uncut stone as it came from the mine.
Thought: Sometimes, in the same way, God lets a stinging blow fall on your life. You bleed, feeling the pain, and your soul cries out in agony. At first you think the blow is an appalling mistake. But it is not, for you are the most precious jewel in the world to God. And He is the most skilled stonecutter in the universe. Someday you are to be a jewel adorning the crown of the King. As you lie in His hand now, He knows just how to deal with you. Not one blow will be permitted to fall on your apprehensive soul except what the love of God allows. And you may be assured that from the depths of the experience, you will see untold blessings, and spiritual enrichment you have never before imagined. (JHM)
"The hand of the LORD has done this..." (Job 12:9).
Source: Weekend Encounter, by Dick Innes, Copyright (c) ACTS International, 2004, http://www.actsweb.org/subscribe.php
~~~~~~~ THIS & THAT:
Signs You're Getting Older
Part 2 of 2 [Apr 7, 17]
26. You are proud of your lawn mower.
27. Your best friend is dating someone half their age...and isn't breaking any laws.
28. You call Olan Mills before they call you.
29. Your arms are almost too short to read the newspaper.
30. You sing along with the elevator music.
31. You would rather go to work than stay home sick.
32. You constantly talk about the price of gasoline.
33. You enjoy hearing about other people's operations.
34. You consider coffee one of the most important things in life.
35. You make an appointment to see the dentist.
36. You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.
37. Neighbors borrow your tools.
38. People call at 9 p.m. and ask, "Did I wake you?"
39. You have a dream about prunes.
40. You answer a question with, "because I said so."
41. You send money to PBS.
42. The end of your tie doesn't come anywhere near the top of your pants.
43. You take a metal detector to the beach.
44. You wear black socks with sandals.
45. You know what the word "equity" means.
46. You can't remember the last time you laid on the floor to watch TV.
47. Your ears are hairier than your head.
48. You get into a heated argument about pension plans.
49. You got cable for the weather channel (sometimes referred to as "Old Folks MTV").
50. You have a party and the neighbors don't even realize it
Submitted by Angelwings
~~~~~~~ KEEP SMILING:
Did you ever notice when you put the two words "The" and "IRS" together it spells "THEIRS"?
Source: The Funnies, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/andychaps_the-funnies
The majority of motorists talk to their cars regularly - with one in five worrying about its feelings.
The poll of 2,000 owners also discovered almost half of women believe their car has a personality and so do 37 per cent of men.
A fifth of women admitted to giving their car a pet name reports The Sun.
The British International Motor Show's quiz also uncovered regional differences in attitudes to cars.
Car owners in South West England worry most about its feelings and chat to it more often. Drivers in the Midlands care least.
Motorists in the North East are more likely to believe their vehicle has a personality, while few Welsh do.
Kirsty Adams, motor show organizer, said: "It's great to see the Brits bond so deeply with their cars."
Source: Ananova http://www.ananova.com