|Prior Date||Archive Index||Next Date|
WITandWISDOM(tm) - March 9, 1998
Within the next decade education will change more than it has changed since the modern school was created by the printed book over 300 years ago ... Education can no longer be confined to the schools. - Peter F. Drucker, "The New Realities"
~~~~~~~ SPECIAL THOUGHTS:
THE FIRST PARENTS
Whenever your kids are out of control, you can take comfort from the thought that even God's omnipotence did not extend to his kids. After creating heaven and earth, God created Adam and Eve. And the first thing he said to them was: "Don't."
"Don't what?" Adam replied.
"Don't eat the forbidden fruit."
"Forbidden fruit? Really? Where is it?"
"It's over there," said God, wondering why he hadn't stopped after making the elephants.
A few minutes later God saw the kids having an apple break and he was angry. "Didn't I tell you not to eat that fruit?" the first parent asked.
"Uh huh," Adam replied.
"Then why did you?"
"I don't know," Adam answered.
God's punishment was that Adam and Eve should have children of their own. Thus the pattern was set and it has never changed. But there is a reassurance In this story. If you have persistently and lovingly tried to give them wisdom and they haven't taken it don't be hard on yourself. If God had trouble handling children, what makes you think it would be a piece of cake for you?
- Author Unknown
(Shared by Sandy Pittenger via MONDAY FODDER by Dave in Hongkong email@example.com)
~~~~~~~ THIS & THAT:
What would you consider the value of the following babies?
1. There's a preacher and wife who are very, very, poor. They already have 14 kids. Now she finds out she's pregnant with the 15th. They're living in tremendous poverty.
2. The father is sick with sniffles, the mother has TB. They have four children. First is blind, second is dead, third is deaf, fourth has TB. She finds she's pregnant again.
3. A white man raped a 13 year old black girl and she got pregnant.
4. A teenage girl is pregnant. She's not married. Her fiancee is not the father of the baby, and he's very upset.
- John Wesley, one of the great evangelists in the 19th century
- Ethel Waters, the great black gospel singer
- Jesus Christ
(Shared by Gerry Marques via MONDAY FODDER by Dave in Hongkong firstname.lastname@example.org)
~~~~~~~ KEEP SMILING:
When my brother and I were young, we rode stick horses everywhere. One day, we "rode" to town. My brother said, "You know, I'm just as tired as if we'd been walking!" - Gerre Joiner, Abilene, TX
Ancient Egyptians were able to produce ice without artificial refrigeration by means of a natural phenomenon that occurs in dry, temperate climates. Around sundown, water was placed in shallow clay trays on a bed of straw. Rapid evaporation from the water surface and from the damp sides of the tray combined with the nocturnal drop in temperature to freeze the water - even though the air temperature never fell near the freezing point.
Source: "Extraordinary Origins of Everyday Things"
Shared by Fun Fact http://www.dreamsville.com/CSN/Wardo/fact.html