|Prior Date||Archive Index||Next Date|
WITandWISDOM(tm) - March 24, 1998
If everything is coming your way, you are probably in the wrong lane. - Harvey Egan, Signs of the Times, February 1993 http://www.pacificpress.com
(Shared by Dale Galusha)
~~~~~~~ SPECIAL THOUGHTS:
"Take up the cross, and follow me." - Mark 10:21 - Part 1 of 2
You have not the making of your own cross, although unbelief is a master carpenter at cross-making; neither are you permitted to choose your own cross, although self-will would fain be lord and master; but your cross is prepared and appointed for you by divine love, and you are cheerfully to accept it; you are to take up the cross as your chosen badge and burden, and not to stand caviling at it. This night Jesus bids you submit your shoulder to his easy yoke. Do not kick at it in petulance, or trample on it in vain-glory, or fall under it in despair, or run away from it in fear, but take it up like a true follower of Jesus. Jesus was a cross-bearer; he leads the way in the path of sorrow. Surely you could not desire a better guide! And if he carried a cross, what nobler burden would you desire? The Via Crucis is the way of safety; fear not to tread its thorny paths. - Charles Spurgeon, "Morning and Evening Daily Readings"
~~~~~~~ THIS & THAT:
Wisdom and . . . .
- There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot.
- I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.
- Did you ever walk into a room and forget why you walked in? I think that's how dogs spend their lives.
- Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this.
- Don't worry about the world ending today . . . It's already tomorrow in Australia.
- Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
- Character is what you are. Reputation is what people think you are.
- Nobody will ever win the battle of the sexes. There's too much fraternizing with the enemy.
- Drive carefully. It's not only cars that can be recalled by their maker.
- I have several hobbies I enjoy to the fullest. I have a large sea shell collection I keep scattered on all the beaches all over the world. Maybe you've seen it?
- A man usually feels better after a few winks, especially if she winks back.
- Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.
- A baby first laughs at the age of four weeks. By that time his eyes focus well enough to see you clearly.
- A man who says marriage is a 50-50 proposition doesn't understand two things: 1 - Women, 2 - Fractions.
- There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.
- If at first you don't succeed . . . well, so much for sky diving.
- The only gracious way to accept an insult is to ignore it. If you can't ignore it, top it. If you can't top it, laugh at it. If you can't laugh at it, it's probably deserved.
- He who hesitates is sometimes saved.
(Shared by Carl Gustafson and several others via MONDAY FODDER by Dave in Hong Kong email@example.com)
~~~~~~~ KEEP SMILING:
After a fairly successful recovery last year from problems arising from e-coli bacteria in their unpasteurized apple juice, Odwalla recently reintroduced their apple juice, with a new phrase on the label: "FLASHPASTEURIZED." This is absolutely true.
I have to wonder, though, if Odwalla's marketing folk could have used a better phrase. As written, it begs the question: if you're still nervous about e-coli, when you drink the new juice, does your life "flash pasteurized?"
(Shared by Rolf via Keith's Mostly Clean Humor & Weird (McHaw) List KSullivan@worldnet.att.net)
Got a "bug" in your computer? Blame Grace Hopper. In 1945 a computer at Harvard malfunctioned and Grace, who was working on the computer, investigated and found a moth in one of the circuits and removed it. Ever since, when something goes wrong with a computer, it was said to have a bug in it.
Source: "Knowledge in a Nutshell"
Shared by Fun Fact http://www.dreamsville.com/CSN/Wardo/fact.html