|Prior Date||Archive Index||Next Date|
WIT & WISDOM - September 11, 1998
The person born with a talent they are meant to use will find their greatest happiness in using it. - Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe (Poet, Dramatist, Novelist) 
~~~~~~~ SPECIAL THOUGHTS:
God can heal a broken heart, but He has to have all the pieces. 
~~~~~~~ THIS & THAT:
IT'S RIDDLE TIME. . . Part 2 of 2
9. Why are 1990 American dollar bills worth more than 1989 American dollar bills?
10. How many times can you subtract the number 5 from 25?
11. A taxi driver was called to take a group of passengers to the train station. The station is normally an hour away, but with traffic being extra heavy, it took a full hour and a half. On the return trip the traffic was still as heavy and yet it took only 90 minutes. Why?
12. How could you rearrange the letters in the words "new door" to make one word? Note: There is only one correct answer.
13. Even if they are starving, natives living in the Arctic will never eat a penguin's egg. Why not?
14. Which is correct to say, "The yolk of the egg are white" or "The yolk of the egg is white"?
15. In Okmulgee, Oklahoma, you cannot take a picture of a man with a wooden leg. Why not?
16. There were an electrician and a plumber waiting in line for admission to the "International Home Show". One of them was the father of the other's son. How could this be possible?
17. After the new Canon Law that took effect on November 27, 1983, would a Roman Catholic man be allowed to marry his widow's sister?
9A. One thousand nine hundred and ninety dollar bills are worth one dollar more than one thousand nine hundred and eighty-nine dollar bills.
10A. Only once, then you are subtracting it from 20.
11A. An hour and a half IS 90 minutes.
12A. "one word"
13A. Penguins live in the Antarctic.
14A. Neither, the yolk of the egg is yellow.
15A. You have to take a picture of a man with a camera, not with a wooden leg.
16A. They were husband and wife.
17A. He can't because he's dead. 
~~~~~~~ KEEP SMILING:
The judge fined a motorist $25 for speeding, and gave him a receipt. "What am I supposed to do with this, frame it?" snapped the driver sarcastically. "No, save it," replied the judge. "When you get three you get a bicycle." 
Scientists are now using lichens to help determine how long ago earthquakes occurred because the quake bares new rock that lichens start to grow on. "In the Sierra Nevada mountains of California, for example, lichens grow about three eighths of an inch a century." From EARTH Magazine, August, 1998, p. 12 
 (Inspiration a Day! email@example.com)
 (Robbi Mikkola)
 (Sharon Unger and Just 4 Laughs!)
 (The Funnies Andychap@aol.com)
 (Ken Wade)