|Prior Date||Back to Archive Index||Next Date|
WIT & WISDOM - November 11, 1998
If you think you are beaten, you are.
If you think you dare not, you don't.
If you'd like to win but think you can't, it's almost certain you won't.
Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man,
But sooner or later, the man who wins is the man who thinks he can.
- Lone framed plaque in Arnold Palmer's office 
~~~~~~~ SPECIAL THOUGHTS:
"The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." - Samuel (1 Samuel 16:7, NIV)
A student of a missionary gave his teacher a beautiful sea shell as a gift. When asked where he had discovered such an extraordinary shell, the native said he had walked many miles to a certain bay, the only place where these shells could be found. The missionary was deeply moved and told the young man how impressed he was to which the native replied, "Long walk, part of gift."
I think his motives were genuine and pure. I pray that mine will be too. It is reported that an English nobleman just before his death said, "What I spent, I had. What I kept, I lost. What I gave, I have." When motives are pure this is true. 
~~~~~~~ THIS & THAT:
ALL I REALLY NEED TO KNOW I LEARNED FROM NOAH'S ARK:
1. Plan ahead. It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark.
2. Stay fit. When you're 600 years old, someone might ask you to do something REALLY big.
3. Don't listen to critics - do what has to be done.
4. Build on high ground.
5. For safety's sake, travel in pairs.
6. Two heads are better than one.
7. Speed isn't always an advantage. The cheetahs were on board, but so were the snails.
8. If you can't fight or flee - float!
9. Take care of your animals as if they were the last ones on earth.
10. Don't forget that we're all in the same boat.
11. When the doo-doo gets really deep, don't sit there and complain - shovel!!!
12. Stay below deck during the storm.
13. Remember that the ark was built by amateurs and the Titanic was built by professionals.
14. If you have to start over, have a friend by your side.
15. Remember that the woodpeckers INSIDE are often a bigger threat than the storm outside.
16. Don't miss the boat.
17. No matter how bleak it looks, there's always a rainbow on the other side. 
~~~~~~~ KEEP SMILING:
Only seven-year-old Ryan had anything to say about Veterans Day. "Why is Veterans Day on the calendar?" he asked. "Is it the day dogs go to the veteran?" 
The ten highest mountains in the United States are in Alaska. 
 (Daily Encounter
 (Daily Encounter
 (Carolyn R Bittor-Walters)
 (Granny's Funnies