|Prior Date||Back to Archive Index||Next Date|
WITandWISDOM(tm) - November 25, 1999
Make peace with the knowledge that you can't have everything you want. Why? Because it's more important for us to get everything we need. - Sarah Ban Breathnach
(E-zine: QUOTE A DAY Mailto:join- firstname.lastname@example.org)
~~~~~~~ SPECIAL THOUGHTS:
THE ABC'S OF THANKSGIVING
A lthough things are not perfect
B ecause of trial or pain
C ontinue in thanksgiving
D o not begin to blame
E ven when the times are hard
F ierce winds are bound to blow
G od is forever able
H old on to what you know
I magine life without His love
J oy would cease to be
K eep thanking Him for all the things
L ove imparts to thee
M ove out of "Camp Complaining"
N o weapon that is known
O n earth can yield the power
P raise can do alone
Q uit looking at the future
R edeem the time at hand
S tart every day with worship
T o "thank" is a command
U ntil we see Him coming
V ictorious in the sky
W e'll run the race with gratitude
eX alting God most high
Y es, there will be good times and yes some will be bad, but...
Z ion waits in glory...where none are ever sad!
~~~~~~~ THIS & THAT:
THINGS TO DO TO LIVEN UP THANKSGIVING DINNER
1. Load your plate up high, then take it to the kitchen, toss it all in the blender, and take your "shake" back to the table. Announce that It's the new Thanksgiving Weight Loss Shake.
2. When everyone goes around to say what they are Thankful for, say, "I'm thankful I didn't get caught." and refuse to say anything more.
3. Bring along old recorded football games, pop them in the VCR when Dad's not looking. Make sure it is set to the last two minutes of the game When he comes into the room, turn off the VCR and turn on the regular TV
4. Bring a date that only talks about the tragic and abusive conditions known to exist at turkey farms.
5. During Mid-meal turn to mom and say, "See mom, I told you they wouldn't notice that the Turkey was past expiration date. You were worried for nothing".
(E-zine: JOKE OF THE DAY http://www.joke-of-the-day.com )
~~~~~~~ KEEP SMILING:
Q: What do you get when you divide the diameter of a jack-o-lantern by it's circumference?
A: Pumpkin Pi
(E-zine: JOKE REVIEW Mailto:email@example.com)
Thanksgiving is the fourth Thursday of November. This was set by President Franklin D..Roosevelt in 1939 (approved by Congress in 1941), who changed it from Abraham Lincoln's designation as the last Thursday in November (which could occasionally end up being the fifth Thursday and hence too close to Christmas for businesses). But the Pilgrims' first Thanksgiving began at some unknown date between September 21 and November 9, most likely in very early October. The date of Thanksgiving was probably set by Lincoln to somewhat correlate with the anchoring of the Mayflower at Cape Cod, which occurred on November 21, 1621 (by our modern Gregorian calendar - it was November 11 to the Pilgrims who used the Julian calendar). - "The Mayflower Web Site." Author, Caleb Johnson