|Prior Date||Archive Index||Next Date|
WITandWISDOM(tm) - February 11, 1998
Real friends are those who, when you've made a fool of yourself, don't feel you've done a permanent job.
(Shared by Robbi Mikkola)
~~~~~~~ SPECIAL THOUGHTS:
Lord help me live from day to day
In such a self-forgetful way
That even when I kneel to pray
My prayer shall be for others.
Help me in all the work I do
To ever be sincere and true,
And know that all I'd do for you
Must needs be done for others.
Let "self" be crucified and slain
And buried deep, and all in vain
May efforts be to rise again,
Unless to live for others.
And when my work on earth is done
And my new work in heaven's begun
May I forget the crown I've won
While thinking still of others
Others, Lord, yes, others;
Let this my motto be.
Help me to live for others,
That I may live like Thee.
From a song in "Favorites #4"
Words and music by Charles D. Meigs & Alfred B. Smith
(Shared by: Love & Prayers, Forever & Always in The Master's Service, Bro. Allen, Sis. Michelle & Little Mariszka)
~~~~~~~ THIS & THAT:
YOU KNOW YOU ARE OVER THE HILL WHEN... Part 1 of 2
1. You find yourself beginning to like accordion music.
2. You're sitting on a park bench and a Boy Scout comes up and helps you cross your legs.
3. Lawn care has become a big highlight of your life.
4. You're asleep, but others worry that you're dead.
5. You tune into the easy listening station...on purpose.
6. You discover that your measurements are now small, medium and large ....In that order.
7. You light the candles on your birthday cake and a group of campers form a circle and start singing Kumbaya.
8. Your arms are almost too short to read the newspaper.
9. You keep repeating yourself.
10. You start video taping daytime game shows.
11. At the airport, they ask to check your bags...and you're not carrying any luggage.
12. You wonder why you waited so long to take up macrame.
13. Your Insurance Company has started sending you their free calendar...a month at a time.
14. At cafeterias, you complain that the gelatin is too tough.
15. Your new easy chair has more options than your car.
16. When you do the "Hokey Pokey" you put your left hip out...and it stays out.
17. One of the throw pillows on your bed is a hot water bottle.
18. Conversations with people your own age often turn into "dueling ailments."
19. You keep repeating yourself.
20. It takes a couple of tries to get over a speed bump.
21. You discover the words, "whippersnapper", "scallywag" and "by - crikey" creeping into your vocabulary.
22. You're on a TV game show and you decide to risk it all and go for the rocker.
23. You begin every other sentence with, "Nowadays..."
24. You run out of breath walking DOWN a flight of stairs.
25. You look both ways before crossing a room.
(Shared by Dave from Hongkong)
~~~~~~~ KEEP SMILING:
My high-school daughter loved biology, particularly dissection. When I suggested that she consider becoming a doctor, she surprised me by announcing, "I want to be a coroner." "Why would you choose that?" I asked. "Well," she replied, "I want to operate on people, but I don't want their lives to depend on it."
Shared by Sheila Cominsky via Keith's Mostly Clean Humor & Weird List firstname.lastname@example.org
Each year there is one ton of cement poured for each man woman and child in the world.
Shared by "mikeys-funnies" via Bill's Punch Line email@example.com